|Position Title||1st Shift Custodian|
|FLSA Status||Non Exempt|
|Pay Range||$10.10- $13.66, hourly|
|Location||Main Library, 304 S. Main, South Bend, IN 46601|
|Education & Experience|
- General maintenance and custodial experience.
- Normal work week is 20 hours. Morning shift; specific schedule to be arranged by supervisor.
- Required to work the specified Sunday afternons per calendar year.
- Required to adapt to a flexible schedule as arranged by Manager to meet scheduling needs.
- Work or transfer to other work shifts or service areas.
- Posses reliable transportation, and be willing to work at other branches if and when the need arises.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and move objects (up to 75 lbs.) and to stand and walk for long periods of time. Work in a variety of conditions both indoors and out.
- Working knowledge of standard maintenance routines, methods and techniques.
- Must be dependable and have a sense of responsibility.
- Wear and maintain the security uniform of the Library in a clean, neat, and orderly appearane on a daily basis.
- Perform work according to acceptable standards.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Model excellent custoemr service relating both to patrons and to library staff.
- Work harmoniously with other employees and supervisor.
- Work with minimum supervision after training.
- Accept and manage change.
- Exercise initiative, be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, energetic, value diversity, and possess a sense of humor.
Email the application and optional resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| ||SJCPL is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer.|
| ||Download Job Description|