"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake."
--Robert Louis Stevenson, 1850-1894
In the News
- Torino 2006: News from Torino, Italy as it prepares for the Olympics
SJCPL Travel Resources
New Travel Books
Classic Travel Books
(Series, Annuals and Old Favorites)
- Eyewitness Travel Guides
- Fodor's Road Guides
- Frommer's . . . (Alaska to Yosemite)
- Great Indiana Touring Book
- Indiana Travel Guide
- Insiders' Guide
- Mobil Travel Guides
- Off the Beaten Path Series
- Traveller's History of . . .
Browsing Our Collection
(Dewey numbers for travel books and videos)
- Fold-out maps can be checked out. They are available in a travel book section.
- City maps are available in many out-of-town phone books at Main.
- Many kinds of atlases are available throughout the library system.
Language Learning Help
- Mango Languagesis an online language learning system available for FREE to everyone. Learn at your own pace with a suite of features that make language learning more engaging and fun. You will need to sign up for your own account using your e-mail address. Languages covered are: Spanish, Russian, French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Greek, English for Spanish Speakers, & English for Polish Speakers.
- The Library also has many language learning books and audio kits available to checkout.
Local Travel Events
- If you are age 50 or over, you can "Travel Around the World" in 10 sessions at Forever Learning Institute. For more information, call 282-1901, or pick up a course guide at the library.
Last updated on 10/23/07. Feel free to leave comments on the discussion page.