Browsing our shelves (Dewey Decimal System call numbers): Jobs ~ 331.
Filing for Unemployment
Choosing a Career
The following books can help you narrow down your choice of career.
- Vocational Guidance Books
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Organized by industry.
- Topics: training/education,
experience, type of work,
salary, future of career.
- Chronicle Guidance Career Pamphlet File: Located in File Cabinets on the First Floor of the Main Library, near the Business Reference Tables. See a librarian for assistance. Pamphlets may be checked out. Updates are received four times a year.
The following books can help you start or narrow your job search, apply for jobs, and get through job interviews.
- Cover Letter Writing Books
- Interviewing Preparation Books
- Job Hunting Preparation Books
- Resume Writing Books
Finding a Job & Getting Hired
- JobStar has great advice for job searching. It includes information and resumes, careers, and how to go about looking for a job.
- Riley's Guide to Starting a Job Search is another great resource for finding jobs on the Internet.
- Blue Sky Resumes Blog is a unique and helpful blog on networking, creating resumes, and job hunting.
- 10 Steps to Find a New Job will help you with various steps you can take to find that great job.
- Recession-Proof Your Job is a great article that will show ways to increase your job's security during the tough economic times.
- How to Answer 10 Tough Interview Questions
- Best Places to Live Books
- St. Joseph County Infobook & Relocation Guide
- Elkhart County Handbook & Relocation Guide