How To Use the Subject Guides
What is a Subject Guide?
Our Subject Guides are created and maintained by the SJCPL Librarians to help us all find information fast and to find more sources to learn about a subject. Most of the organizations listed here are local to Michiana or are government agences.
How can I Comment?
If you don't see a topic you're interested in, or have a comment or suggestion to make about a topic, please let us know!
- Click on the discussion tab at the top of the screen (to the right of the article tab).
- Click on the "add your comment" tab.
- In the Subject/headline box, enter the topic of your comment.
- In the large box underneath, type your comments.
- Click the "Save page" button underneath the large box to post your comments.
How do I find Subject Guides?
You can find Subject Guides in a number of ways:
How can I search the Subject Guides?
- Click inside the "search" box in the frame on the left side of the screen.
- Type in your search words.
- Click on "Go" to search.
What do the search results mean?
The search box searches the SJCPL Subject Guides only.
- Under "Page Text Matches," the Subject Guides with the words you searched for will appear in a numbered list.
- Under the name of each Subject Guide will appear the context in which the search words were found.
- Click on the Subject Guide name (it will be displayed in a blue color) to view the Subject Guide.
What is a Category?
A category is a list of Subject Guides that have something in common. For example, Sports & Recreation, Crafts, and Cooking are in the Hobbies Category because they're all activities that people do for fun. You can browse by category by either clicking on the category at the bottom of a guide, or by clicking on Browse By Category in the navigation menu.
How do I browse the Subject Guides?
Last Updated By: --Maire 15:02, 7 December 2005 (EST)