Grants, Benefits, & Scholarships
Revision as of 14:20, 12 March 2013 by Kim
- Books about grant writing and administration can be found on our shelves at 001.44.
- Books about fundraising for nonprofits and small businesses can be found on our shelves at 658.15224.
- Please also see our grants reference table on the first floor of the main library.
- Please search for scholarships in Community Connection or look at our local scholarships binder on the Education table in the reference area of the Main Library.
- Foundation Center Grants to Individuals is available on computers at the main library building and contains information on scholarships, emergency fund grants, research grants and more.
- Foundation Center Directory for nonprofits is available on computers at the main library building and contains grant information for over 100,000 private foundations and corporate giving programs.
- If you are interested in our Foundation Directory training sessions for nonprofits, please contact the Reference Department.
- Community Development South Bend provides information about assistance with housing, home repair and mortgages for Individuals.
- Family Resource Center at the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center offers a food pantry, emergency financial assistance, family enrichment programs and scholarships.
- REAL Services provides energy assistance and other services in north central Indiana.
- United Way's 2-1-1 Community Resource Directory contains information on help with food, housing, transportation and more.
Grants for Non-profit Organizations
- Grants for Nonprofits by Michigan State University.
Grants, Scholarships and Government Benefits for Individuals
Arts and Humanities Grants
- The Indiana Arts Commission lists grants and opportunities for artists.
- Benefits Checkup from the National Council on Aging
- REAL Services Agency on Aging (Services for the Elderly), (574) 284-2644 or (800) 552-7928 (Indiana only)
- Benefits available in Indiana from Benefits.gov.
- Benefits Finder from Benefits.gov.
- USA.gov's page on Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid includes information on support for housing, home energy, legal assistance and more.
Housing and Energy
- Housing information and assistance for Indiana from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network offers help on avoiding foreclosure.
Scholarships, Research and Financial Aid
- Grants for Individuals by Michigan State University.
Grants, Loans and Support for Small Businesses
- Agricultural Marketing Resource Center grant Opportunities and Information.
- Beginning Farmers Financing (Loans/Grants).
- Disaster Assistance for businesses from FEMA.
- Farm Service Agency provides information on loans, energy programs and disaster relief for farmers.
- Research Grants for Small Businesses from the Small Business Association.
- Schoolgrants.org's grant writing tips.