| Local Cooking Links
SJCPL Cooking Resources
Cooking Magazine Subscriptions
Cooking Careers Resources
Thinking about going to culinary school? Just looking to find out about what it's like to work in the food service industry? SJCPL has a number of books that can help you learn about what being a professional chef really entails. Check our shelves for the following titles:
- Controlling Restaurant & Food Service Labor Costs
- Franchise times guide to selecting, buying & owning a franchise
- Essentials of Food Safety & Sanitation
- Math for Food Service Occupations
- Peterson's Culinary Schools directory
- Professional Chef
- Professional Cooking
- The Waiter & Waitress & Waitstaff Training Handbook
- Waiter & Waitress Training: How to develop your staff for maximum service & profit
SJCPL Staff Cooks: Recipes, Tips, and More!
Recipe of the Month: Tomato Cucumber Salad from http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/tomato-cucumber-salad-75224.aspx
*What You Need *4 small tomatoes, thinly sliced *2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced *1 small red onion, thinly sliced *1/2 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
*ARRANGE tomatoes, cucumbers and onions on plate. *DRIZZLE with dressing.
*How to Make Zebra Cucumber Slices *Run fork down sides of unpeeled cucumbers before slicing. *For 1 Serving *Prepare using 1/2 small cucumber, 1 small tomato, 1/4 of small red onion and 2 Tbsp. dressing.
|Visit the Farmer's Market for fresh, seasonal produce!
1105 Northside Boulevard
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
--Pam A 16:49, 29 June 2010 (EST)