| Local Cooking Links
SJCPL Cooking Resources
Cooking Magazine Subscriptions
Cooking Careers Resources
Thinking about going to culinary school? Just looking to find out about what it's like to work in the food service industry? SJCPL has a number of books that can help you learn about what being a professional chef really entails. Check our shelves for the following titles:
- Becoming a Chef: with Recipes and Reflections from America's Leading Chefs
- Controlling Restaurant & Food Service Labor Costs
- Entrepreneur Magazine's Ultimate Book of Restaurant and Food Service Franchises
- Essentials of Food Safety & Sanitation
- The Guide to Cooking Schools
- Math for Food Service Occupations
- Peterson's Culinary Schools directory
- Professional Chef
- Professional Cooking
- The Waiter & Waitress & Waitstaff Training Handbook
- Waiter & Waitress Training: How to develop your staff for maximum service & profit
SJCPL Staff Cooks: Recipes, Tips, and More!
Recipe of the Month: PARMESAN ZUCCHINI, TOMATOES AND ONIONS
- 3 med. zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 lg. onion, sliced thin
- 3 lg. tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp. butter
Directions: Combine cheese, basil and salt. In buttered 2-quart casserole, alternate layers beginning with zucchini, onion, tomato, cheese mixture. Continue until all ingredients are used, always ending with cheese. Dot with butter. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
|Visit the Farmer's Market for fresh, seasonal produce!
1105 Northside Boulevard
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.