Community Resources

From SJCPLSubjectGuides

Revision as of 16:26, 19 April 2007 by Helena (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Community Resources
How do I find Community Organizations (Community Connection)?
The United Way's 211 Information and Referral Service has information on locating services throughout St. Joseph and Marshall Counties. (They can also be reached by dialing (574) 232-8201; ask to be transferred to "211".
United Religious Community is a non-profit agency that fosters religious cooperation and understanding in St. Joseph County.
I want to know about donating blood. Where is our local Red Cross?
Where are Alcoholics Anonymous meetings around Michiana? What about Narcotics Anonymous?
When is the next Sheriff's Sale?
I need an attorney. How can I contact the St. Joseph County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service?
Where can I find a list of Tax Exempt or non-profit organizations in St. Joseph County or Indiana?
REAL Services Agency on Aging (Services for the Elderly), (574) 284-2644 or (800) 552-7928 (Indiana only)
Subsidized and Section 8 Housing Search
Homeless Shelters in the U.S. - alphabetic listing by state
Center for the Homeless 813 S. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601 (574) 282-8700
Hope Rescue Mission - 532 S. Michigan St., (574) 288-4842

Personal tools