Revision as of 22:08, 13 February 2012 by Kim
Community Information and Events
- 365 South Bend is a blog about the many activities, restaurants, hangouts and more that South Bend has to offer.
- The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County sponsors Arts Everywhere, the area's "Ultimate Guide to Arts & Culture."
- WNDU has a Community Calendar of local events.
- Downtown South Bend (DTSB) has information about events, stores, restaurants, nightlife and more in South Bend's downtown.
- The Indiana Commission on Local Government Reform has been created to develop recommendations for reforming and restructuring local government.
- For license branch and post office locations, please visit our Online Directory Assistance subject guide.
- Local news stories and information can be found on the Local News Sources page.
- Move to South Bend is a blog about interesting places and events in our community.
- Information about property sales can be found on the Sheriff's sales page.
- SouthBendOn (Local Economic Development Information)
- St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce business directory by category
Please visit St. Joseph County Public Library's Community Connection to search for local organizations.
- Bridge of Hope St. Joseph County is an organization that helps single mothers to find housing and to develop financial self-sufficiency.
- Bridges Out of Poverty is a group of organizations working together to help people move from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Try Charity Navigator Rating to find out how a charity uses the donations they receive.
- The St. Joseph County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral service helps people find an attorney and lists programs that offer free legal assistance.
- Make a Difference Michiana is a website that connects Michiana nonprofit organizations.
- The local Red Cross will provide information about donating blood.
- Here is a list of Tax Exempt or non-profit organizations in St. Joseph County or Indiana.
- United Way of St. Joseph County
Services for the Elderly
- REAL Services Agency on Aging (Services for the Elderly), (574) 284-2644 or (800) 552-7928 (Indiana only)
- Center for the Homeless 813 S. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601 (574) 282-8700
- Community Development South Bend provides housing and home repair assistance for Individuals.
- Homeless shelters in the U.S.
- Hope Ministries - 432 S. Lafayette Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601 (574) 288-4842