Revision as of 19:15, 19 September 2011 by Mrs. B
Please visit St. Joseph County Public Library's Community Connection to search for local organizations.
- The United Way's 2-1-1 Information and Referral Service has information on locating services throughout St. Joseph and Marshall Counties.
- (They can also be reached by dialing (574) 232-8201; ask to be transferred to "211".)
- United Way's 2-1-1 Community Resource Directory allows you to search for services and resources.
- Find Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings around Michiana.
- Bridge of Hope St. Joseph County is an organization that helps single mothers to find housing and to develop financial self-sufficiency.
- Bridges Out of Poverty is a group of organizations working together to help people move from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Try Charity Navigator Rating to find out how a charity uses the donations they receive.
- The Indiana Commission on Local Government Reform has been created to develop recommendations for reforming and restructuring local government.
- The St. Joseph County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral service helps people find an attorney.
- For license branch and post office locations, please visit our Online Directory Assistance subject guide.
- The Local Directory can help you find local businesses and services.
- Make a Difference Michiana is a website that connects Michiana nonprofit organizations.
- The local Red Cross will provide information about donating blood.
- Information about property sales can be found on the Sheriff's sales page.
- Here is a list of Tax Exempt or non-profit organizations in St. Joseph County or Indiana.
- The Community Foundation of St. Joseph County sponsors Arts Everywhere, the area's "Ultimate Guide to Arts & Culture."
- WNDU has a Community Calendar of local events.
- Downtown South Bend (DTSB) has information about events, stores, restaurants, nightlife and more in South Bend's downtown.
- Local news stories and information can be found on the Local News Sources page.
- REAL Services Agency on Aging (Services for the Elderly), (574) 284-2644 or (800) 552-7928 (Indiana only)
- Center for the Homeless 813 S. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601 (574) 282-8700
- Homeless shelters in the U.S.
- Hope Ministries - 432 S. Lafayette Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601 (574) 288-4842
- Subsidized and Section 8 Housing Search
- United Religious Community of St. Joseph County
- La Casa de Amistad
- India Association of Michiana
- Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley
- Islamic Society of Michiana
- Bahai Center in South Bend
- South Bend Catholic Worker Organization
- South Bend Civic Theatre
- South Bend Museum of Art
- Southhold Dance Theatre
- WVPE/National Public Radio
- WNIT/Public Broadcasting Service